Sunday, September 7, 2008

St Kitts Vs St Martten



MILANO
S. Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore


Every time I pass this church can not help but enter and riammirare the beauty of his paintings. I'm not an expert on art but I think I will not be denied tantomento accused of heresy when I say that churches so full of paintings, at least in Milan, there are few. They are also restoring the choir, but unfortunately we have to wait at least two years before you can riammirare in all its beauty. If you pass by Milan Corso Magenta're in the area, as well as to visit Santa Maria delle Grazie The Last Supper Vincini take a trip to San Maurizio, you will not regret it and will be astonished by its beauty.
Here are some shots of the paintings.
The Tabernacle


decorations of the time in the choir

Look at this picture, you do not notice anything strange?. The painting depicts the moment when Jesus is laid in the tomb after the crucifixion. On the right the painter wanted to represent the Abbess of cloistered nuns of this monastery.

Particolare del dipinto successivo.

Mosè con le Tavole della Legge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment